At this time of the year, with Christmas and New Year quickly approaching, we wanted to reflect on 2018. The past year has been a very busy and productive time for Project Onwards and we wanted to reflect on our five favourite experiences from the past year:
- In March, Beth presented at the Life Changes Trust (LCT) Gathering in Perth alongside Andy Hyde of Go Upstream. We received some super feedback from the audience and as always, it was great to meet with other LCT-funded projects.
- In July, we received the some initial designs for the Turn To Us website from Studio LR. It was very exciting to see the service we had been developing and imagining become realised.
- Throughout the year, Project Onwards have engaged with people living with dementia and their care network across Scotland. This ongoing involvement and co-design has been incredibly enlightening and informed the further development of the service.
- In September, Lucy attended a Dementia Friendly Tourism event in Edinburgh. The main theme of the event was regarding dementia friendly events, spaces and experiences. It highlighted the real need for travel information and transport tips for those affected by dementia.
- In November, Lucy and Phil hosted a development workshop and dementia training at Journeycall in Arbroath. Journeycall will be providing the customer support for the Turn To Us service and it was fantastic to get them involved.
We are incredibly excited to launch a four-month trial of the Turn To Us service in January 2019. We look forward to seeing what the new year brings and for the opportunity to test the value of Turn To Us.
⛄ From everyone at Turn To Us & Onwards, happy holidays! 🎄